Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 9, #23 - My Thoughts on Learning 2.0

This has been a great opportunity for me to gain a better understanding of Web 2.0. Much of the material was all new to me - so I feel much more comfortable now with blogging, tagging, wikis, etc. Plus, it was a fun learning journey!
My favorites were Flickr, and playing around with the online image generators. I also thought Rollyo was pretty cool.
I'm happy to have completed all the 23 things by the deadline. I had some challenges with equipment and finding time to complete the exercises, but now that I've reached the end, I realized it wasn't really that difficult. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed learning about all that was new and I feel a real sense of accomplishment at how much I learned over the last 9 weeks. Thank you Virtual Services Team for all your help!
Regarding improving this program - I know many staff members did not participate for lack of equipment at work or at home to listen to the podcasts, or a feeling that they didn't have time to complete all 23 things, so why start? We could remedy the equipment problems and we could also allow adequate time on the schedule, just as we would for any other staff training.
Another discovery program? Count me in - I hope we will all have the opportunity to participate in more programs like this one!

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations at finishing the 23 things! It sounds from your postings that you made new discoveries and actually had fun!

Lucille Boone Virtual Services Team!