Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Week 5 - Thing 11 - Explore a 2.0 Award Winner site

I looked at several of the award winners. One I really liked was Craigslist, which has an ENORMOUSLY HUGE number of classified listings - Community, personals, housing, for sale, services, jobs, gigs, discussion forums. It's very extensive, but you can limit to a particular state, city, or area. So I looked at sfbay.craigslist.org. I liked the variety of listings, but there were so many to look through, and search terms seem to sometimes bring up a number of seemingly unrelated listings. but this site can't be beat - there are listings for just about everything a person could be looking for. In a library setting, I could see it being used particularly for the job listings and community categories. Lots and lots of info. and easy to use.

No comments: