Friday, March 9, 2007

Week 9, #22 - Ebooks and Audio Ebooks

Well, I still would prefer to read an actual book, but when there isn't a physical copy available, ebooks are great. Audio Ebooks are terrific, but of course you have to have appropriate listening devices for the ones that you can't burn to a CD. I took a a look at SjLibrary's ebooks page. I think the page is very user-friendly. I could listen to the audio excerpts from Pimsleur and Overdrive on my work computer, so that was very cool.
I took a look also at World EBook Fair. It's good to know it's out there, but it is somewhat limited, since a book generally has to be in the public domain to be included. I found it particularly lacking in the Children's literature titles. But, if you are into long out-of-print children's books and can't find them anywhere else, maybe you can find them here.

No comments: