Thursday, March 8, 2007

Week 8, #19 - Take a Look at Library Thing

This is really cool. It's like your Amazon Favorites List only much better. You can see how many other people also have catalogs with your books. I was surprised to see how popular some of my choices were - the two highest were in 1,992 and 2,003 other Library Thing catalogs. Another interesting thing, all five of my titles were in another person's catalog - pretty interesting! Anyway, here's the link to my Library Thing Catalog, which is just a start with only 5 of my favorite books: http://www.librarything.com/profile/LifelongLibrarian
I thought it was amazing how some librarians have incorporated Library Thing catalogs into their library services with links to special lists of librarian-selected and new titles, including user reviews.

No comments: