Friday, March 9, 2007

Week 9, #21 - Podcasts

I looked at all the Discovery Resource podcast directories and liked Yahoo Podcasts the best. Unfortunately, though, I couldn't listen to any of the podcasts on my computer at work (kept getting the message "audio codec identified by the format tag 55 is required to play this file..."), so I used my home computer which had no problem. I discovered LibVibe: the Library News Podcast and added the RSS feed to my Bloglines account. Yahoo Podcasts had a link to the LibVibe webpage, which was also interesting. The LibVibe Podcasts track library news around the nation, and I found it interesting to learn about what's happening out in the library world - both the good and the not so good. Unfortunately, though, the most recent podcast is from last November, so maybe they've stopped doing them.
Having these podcast directories is great, but really, I don't really have the time to be listening to lots of podcasts. Maybe once in a while, but I'd rather use my time differently.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LibVibe is most definitely still in production, twice weekly. The Yahoo! podcast directory is way behind in its coverage/aggregation.

Visit http://LibVibe.com/ for up-to-date editions of the program and details on how to 'suscribe' (free) using resources more reliable than the Yahoo! directory.