Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8

RSS feeds? Bloglines? I think I'm embarrassed to say I've never heard of these before this Thing. So wow - this is great. What a great timesaver, and I can pick and choose the feeds I want to look at. This can save me a lot of time, and maybe I'll even keep better track of what's going on in the world. Libraries could have RSS feeds advertising programs, breaking news (like when Harry Potter #7 arrives at SJPL, plus what branch requested the most copies, etc.)
I couldn't find the "Share" tab, but went to the bottom left of the screen and clicked on Share. My public Blogline Account is www.bloglines.com/public/LifelongLibrarian. I checked the sjlearning public account and saw lots of participants' blog postings, but didn't see any of mine. Did I do something wrong?
Side note: I couldn't get the CNET RSS video to run for more than a few seconds before freezing. I tried mulitiple times and also on my home computer.

No comments: